Monday, October 8, 2012

Pumpkin Pie!!

We received a New England pie pumpkin in our CSA a few weeks ago and I had the perfect recipe to try out with it!

First I cut the pumpkin in half and scooped out all the seeds and pulp and rinsed the seeds to separate them from the pulp. Then I set them aside to dry to make roasted pumpkin seeds later.
Then I popped the pumpkin halves in a large microwavable bowl and put a bit of water in the bowl and cooked the pumpkin until it was tender. After allowing it to cool enough to handle I scraped the flesh out and tossed it in the food processor with my spices and pulsed it until it was smooth and well mixed. Then I just followed the recipe above and it turned out amazing! The best part is I have enough pumpkin pie filling left to make another pie :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment